niedziela, 14 stycznia 2024

2023/2024

Our little tradition continues. Usually, the second post of the new year summarises the past year and talks about the plans for the new. Before that, here are the objectives I had for the previous:

https://asienieboje.blogspot.com/2023/01/20222023.html

The most important thing, that happened to me last year was a new family member. Here is my new cat. His name is Adaś. He is right now 7 months old. He is very active and forced me to change the way I keep my figures during the painting. He loves to chew my figures, brushes, paint bottles etc.



1. 2022

1.1. Blog.

Last year I posted 61 times (63 in 2021) and had 130 626 visits (94 233 in 2021). I have 117 followers (116 in 2021). The blog is still growing, which is good. This year I had most visits from the United States, Ireland and the UK. Thank you very much, Guys! The most popular posts were:

1. First game of Valour and Fortitude

2. Claymore 2023

3. Carronade 2023

I also managed to finally do special pages for almost all my armies (a few of them still await, but that will change very soon).

1.2. Figures and Models.

This year was concentrated mostly on 28mm with two main subjects: 7YW Saxony and Duchy of Warsaw. It was the year when I finally did my first 3D-printed figures. Altogether it was 295 elements (450 last year). Here are some details:

terrains: 16

accessories: 24

20mm vehicles: 5

28mm vehicles: 4

28mm artillery: 14

28mm cavalry: 95

28mm infantry: 125

54mm infantry: 12

































1.3. Games.

I had 62 games (the same as last year) of which I competed in 61 won 27 and drew 8 of them. I have umpired 11 games, had my scenario for 10, used my figures and models in 21 and my terrains in 5 of them. We had 2 games in 54mm, 22 in 28mm, 3 in 20mm, 5 in 15mm, 4 in 10mm, 9 naval, 15 air and 2 board games. I am especially happy with the return of the air games. We used 29 sets. The most popular were: Wings of Glory (11 games), Black Powder (6 games) and Nimitz and Bloody Red Skies (5 games each). The most popular periods were: 2WW (18 games), 1WW (11 games) and 19th century (1815-1914 - 10 games).









































1.4. Events, museums and shows.

I was lucky to take part in two shows: Claymore in Edinburgh and Carronade in Falkirk. In the first one, I had the privilege of being the judge. It was a fascinating experience. Health problems during the year allowed me to go on holiday at the end of the year and at the beginning of the year. Firstly I went north and finally visited the Battle of Culloden museum. The second was Paris again and of course the Musée de l’Armée! Expect a special post about those two places.














Modern cavalry in front of Cavalry School!


2. 2024.

2.1. Blog.

As possibly you all have noticed I decided for one significant change to my blog. It will be only written in English. I usually lack time for blogging, so writing one post instead technically twice should save me time. Of course, sometimes posts will be in Polish, but that depends on the situation. In the coming year, I should have a similar number of posts, as in previous years. I owe you some book reviews, mentioned relations from the museums etc. At the end of January, I will have some simple surgery and that could take me off blogging (possibly) and definitely off gaming, so a small gap is expected. Some army pages need to be updated.

2.2 Figures and models.

Carry on with the stuff I have in my drawer of shame. I started with some officers for my Duchy of Warsaw. That subject will continue with the 5th Infantry Regiment, followed by the 4th. After that Sudan with a lot of Mahdists and British troops. Next should be some ships and planes on a very small scale. I have to remember to finish my 303rd, for Bllody Red Skies as well. After that, we will see.

2.3. Games.

I think a similar number of games as in the previous year. Variety of systems, maybe something new. We will see.

2.4. Events, museums and shows.

Nothing is planned as yet. I need a confirmation of the holiday for a big, 2 days game in June. I will try to take part in Carronade and Claymore. Maybe Salute, as it looks very interesting. No holiday destination has been chosen as yet.


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz