środa, 26 kwietnia 2023

Ułans in Saxon service. Ułani na żołdzie saskim.

Seven Years War Saxons again. This time my first cavalries. I cannot start differently than from Ułans in Saxon Service. During the war, there were 2 regiments (pulks): the Red (Graf Renard) and the Blue (Graf Rudnicki). To do them I decided to use 2 known sources of the figures presenting the ułans of that period. The first is the Crann Tara Miniatures and the second is Eureka Miniatures. This time I wasn't happy with 2 things. The first is my mistake and the second is the poor casting quality. About my mistake, I miscalculated the order and finished with 22 figures, instead of 24 (one unit should be 12 figures, but it is 10 instead). However, that will be corrected, when I will do another order. The second is the problem with horses from Crann Tara. As the figures were first class as always, I cannot tell the same about the horses, at least some of them. Their legs were too thin and when I put a rider on them, their legs simply broke. I managed to fix one horse but was unable to do it with the other one (luckily I had the spare one). I'm also not convinced of the rest of them. I decided to do the Red pulk from Crann Tara figures and the Blue from Eureka figures with an officer and trumpeter from Crann Tara (as Eureka doesn't make ones). The flags are from ADHOC and the bases are from Warbases. Pennants on lances are made by myself. I took the pattern from Uniformes de l'Electorat de Saxe (1734, 1738) from Collection Gustave de Ridder (Bibliotheque Nationale de France) and made those in appropriate colours for the pulks. When I painted the figures, I also took that reference, with one change (possibly ahistorical). I made their hats in pulks colours instead white (I think it looks better).

Ponownie Sasi z wojny siedmioletniej. Tym razem pierwsze oddziały kawalerii. Nie mogłem zacząć inaczej, jak od ułanów na żołdzie saskim. Podczas wojny były dwa takie pułki: Czerwony (Graf Renard) i Niebieski (Graf Rudnicki). By je zrobić użyłem dwóch znanych mi wzorów figurek ułanów z tego okresu: Crann Tara Miniatures i Eureka Miniatures. Tym razem zawiodłem się na dwóch rzeczach. Pierwsza z nich to moja wina a druga to słaba jakość odlewów. Co do mojego błędu, to zamiast 24 figurek zamówiłem tylko 22 (źle policzyłem). Teraz oddziały mają po 10 figurek, a powinny 12. Ten błąd naprawię przy kolejnym zamówieniu. Drugi to jakość koni z Crann Tary. Figurki, jak zawsze są pierwsza klasa, jednak nie mogę tego powiedzieć o ich koniach, a przynajmniej o części z nich. Ich nogi są zbyt cienkie i kiedy posadziłem na nich jeźdźców, ich nogi po prostu się złamały. Udało mi się naprawić jednego konia, z drugim nie dałem już rady (na szczęście miałem zapasowe figurki). Co do reszty koni, to też nie jestem ich za bardzo pewien. Z figurek Crann Tary zrobiłem Czerwony pułk a Niebieski z Eureki i Crann Tary (oficer i trębacz, Eureka takich nie robi). Flagi są z ADHOC a podstawki z Warbases. Proporczyki na lancach są mojego autorstwa. Jako wzór użyłem obrazku z Uniformes de l'Electorat de Saxe (1734, 1738) z kolekcji  Gustave de Ridder (Bibliotheque Nationale de France) i zrobiłem je w odpowiednich kolorach dla pułków. Ten sam wzór posłużył mi gdy malowałem figurki z jedną zmianą (najprawdopodobniej ahistoryczną). Ich czapy zrobiłem w kolorach pułków, a nie białych jak w oryginale (bardziej mi się podobają). 








2 komentarze: