13 sierpnia 2026

¡Bravo Americanos! ¡Bravo Españoles!





With this now-famous slogan from the Battle of Santiago de Cuba, I’d like to show off my new models. They are, once again, ships of the American and Spanish navies from the 1898 war between the two countries — with one exception.

I’ll start with that exception: the USS Maine, the second ship of that name in the history of the US Navy. Based on wartime experience, it is indirectly related to this topic.

The other ships are the remaining Indiana-class vessels, USS Oregon and USS Massachusetts. Spain also received new ships: the last vessel of the Infanta Maria Teresa class that I was missing, Almirante Oquendo, and Emperador Carlos V.

All ships are made by BM Boardgames. They are 1/1200 scale.



EMPERADOR CARLOS V:










ALMIRANTE OQUENDO:










USS MAINE:









USS OREGON & USS MASSACHUSETTS:















I now have all the ships needed for the Battle of Santiago de Cuba, so I plan to play it in the near future. I’m only missing the USS New York, but since it played only a minor role, that shouldn’t be a problem. In addition, all the ships are entered in the Strategie forum competition as non-competitive entries, as I’m once again serving as a juror for the contest. As always, a full progress report is available at the link below, although it is in Polish.

My blog will be quiet for a while as I head off for summer holiday. Time to lie on the beach, enjoy some blissful idleness, and catch up on my reading. See you in September.

Thread on Strategie forum:

https://www.strategie.net.pl/viewtopic.php?f=231&t=23686

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz