07 lipca 2024

Duchy of Warsaw: Third Battalion for the First Infantry Regiment.

A while back, I considered adding third battalions to my Duchy of Warsaw infantry regiments. At that time, I decided not to pursue the idea, but it stayed at the back of my mind. The situation changed when 3D prints from Polkowski Miniatures and new plastic sets from Perry Miniatures became available. This time, I chose to paint slowly, one battalion at a time, instead of rushing to paint everything at once. Today, I'm presenting the third battalion of the first infantry regiment. The figures are from Perry Miniatures, the main battalion bases are from Warbases, and the Voltigeur's bases are from Renedra.





I want to share my experience with the Duchy of Warsaw plastic infantry set. It's a new product that came out this year, and I was really excited about it. As soon as it became available for pre-order, I bought several boxes. When I examined the sprues, I could tell that a lot of attention to detail had been put into creating this set. The figurines are historically accurate, and it's clear that the creators did their research well. I was impressed to learn that the Perry brothers even visited Poland and worked with local reenactors to ensure authenticity. The set also includes a detailed description of the uniforms of seventeen infantry regiments and several flags. I found the enclosed brochure to be comprehensive and it eliminated the need to refer to other sources. Although the set comes with flags, I chose to use the one I made myself, based on a scan from a publication by the Wydawnictwo Kagero, "Piechota Księstwa Warszawskiego" ("Duchy of Warsaw Infantry")




I want to add extra companies of Voltigeurs to my infantry battalions. Our recent game proved that this would be a good move. One battalion already has these companies, but I need to add them to the other two. To do this, I used figures from Polkowski Miniatures. Now, I can organize my battalions in two formations: one with mixed Voltigeurs in front of the unit, and the other as an Infantry detachment operating as a separate unit.




The first regiment achieved combat readiness in this manner. It consists of a Colonel, three infantry battalions, regimental artillery, and a separate unit of Voltigeurs, in case I decide to field it. Now it's time for the next regiments.



2 komentarze: